Case founding of new company in Stadskanaal (The Netherlands)
Saventi founded CrystalQ in Stadskanaal, which produces sapphire wafers for the strong growing Optoelectronics (LEDs) and semiconductor (RF and High power) markets. CrystalQ facilitates the market growth by decreasing the operational costs for her customers and supplying high quality, large epi-ready wafers and reclaim services.
Unique selling points are:
- Better material utilisation than competitors (decreases the costs of manufacturing drastically)
- Capable of producing larger diameters than competition.
- The company gained momentum in a growing market.
- Found several investors and a bank to finance the growth and put a management team in place to take the company to the next level from pilot plant to full scale production and from hundreds of thousands of EURO’s sales to a multi million EURO’s business.
- Received two awards for most promising innovative Cleantech company (Deloitte, Government)